Monday, June 11, 2012

Time for Change


When Evey was six weeks old, I had to leave her with people I barely knew at a place that I hadn't spent much time in. I cried for the first few weeks, but slowly began to get to know Evey's teachers. Every day, I felt more and more comfortable leaving my daughter.

At the end of April, we got some devastating news. Our beloved daycare was closing. I couldn't believe it. I looked into other daycares, but nothing compared to what we'd been receiving and I couldn't imagine sending Evey somewhere else.

On Evey's last day, her teachers made her a "We Will Miss You" card that had all of her class-mates footprints and special notes from the teachers. I loved it!!

As always, God took care of our family and, now, I'm actually excited to start this new chapter!

One of Evey's teachers, Miss Kaitlin, is going to be keeping Evey and another boy from the infant class at her home. My ultimate goal is to be a stay at home mom, but since we're not able to do that, this is the next best thing!

The best part is seeing God's hand in our decision. Since we decided on private care, Evey has become more attached to both Miss Kaitlin and the boy that she'll be spending her days with! It's been awesome to see and it seems as if Evey knows the change that's happening.

We decided to pull Evey out of daycare a month before it closes. Since both grandmothers are teachers, and my sister is an assistant and all three of them have their summers off, we thought Evey could spend a month with them and we could save a little money along the way!

At the beginning of July, Evey will have her schedule changed again and I'm excited to have a normal schedule again.





No comments:

Post a Comment