Sunday, June 24, 2012

Kwa Heri! Baadaye!!

Last year, in June, my parents left the country to head to Kenya. I thought they were insane leaving the month before their first grandbaby was due, but we knew God had called them there and we were trusting that they'd be home before Evey made her appearance.

This year, they decided to stay longer than last... They planned a trip for an entire month.

For anyone who's ever talked to me before, they know that I'm a mommy's girl. I've never spent a whole month away from my mom, but, again, God had called them, so away they went.

Evey and I woke up bright and early on June 3rd to meet my parents at the airport. We got there by 5am. Just in time to say good-bye, or "Kwa Heri" if you will. I am definitely missing my mommy and daddy, but they're having a great time doing all the things they felt led to do!




Waving good-bye to Mimi and Mipa.


We've had a couple of Skyping opportunites since they've been gone. The first time, Evey was with her Auntie Ali for the day and they said she was reaching through the computer to get to her Mimi. The reception in Makutano, however, isn't very clear. We weren't able to use video at the same time and couldn't talk while we used the video feature. The phone feature worked perfectly, so at least we got to talk a bit!



No comments:

Post a Comment