Sunday, May 20, 2012

When I Grow Up

All my life, I've know that I was supposed to be a mom.

I was built for it. My heart was pieced together specifically for my little girl and I've never been so passionate as I am about my family. I have been wholly blessed and even though I can't imagine what I did in life to deserve such an amazing husband and daughter, I thank God every day for placing them in my care.

This is who I am supposed to be.


Because I knew mothering was who I would be, I've always had trouble finding my niche in life. I floundered in college because I wasn't sure what path I was supposed to follow.

The other day, I had the opportunity to share the story of Evey's birth to Central Baptist's natural labor class. It felt so good to be able to impart my small bit of wisdom to expectant mommies about how amazing it could be to have your baby naturally.

God spoke to me through that opportunity.

I finally have found my calling. On top of being a mom, this is what I'm supposed to do. Being a mom is the most amazing job in the world and I would be immensely happy if that was my only lot in life. Again, however, God had doubly blessed me! I not only get to be a mom, but I am going to have the opportunity to give other mom's the knowledge they need to give their babies the best. I'm going to have the opportunity to share the story of Evey's birth over and over and I'll get to be a part of more children's lives than I ever dreamed!

So, to make a long story short, I'm working on saving the funds to become a Bradley instructor for unmedicated labor. I will be teaching classes that are 12 weeks long to help other moms who want to have natural labor learn the techniques to help them do so! Christopher and I are so excited about the amazing new opportunity that God has provided to us!


Please be praying for me as I begin this new endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment