Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Walk in the Park




Evey and I went for a walk in the Arboretum with Mimi and Mipa. She had so much fun tasting the different flowers, playing in the water and meeting new bugs!












Evey met her first caterpillar. I don't like anything remotely "creepy" or "crawley," so I was not about to give her a wooly worm! Mimi picked it up and handed it right over. Of course, Evey was curious about the fuzzy creature that was squriming all over her hands!




What do babies do when they're curious about something new?

They stick it straight in their mouth! I was shooting pictures, even though I was totallly appalled that my mom was letting Evey play with bugs! Before we knew it, it was on it's way... My dad freaked out at the idea of Evey eating a caterpillar, and smacked it out of her hand. I was squealing with laughter and all of the commotion freaked Evey out! She started crying, but was consoled easily. It's a good thing she's too young to understand life and death at this point, because my dad knocked the caterpillar so hard, it went "splat" as soon as it made contact with the ground.

I am happy to report, that Evey left without knowing the flavor of fresh caterpillar!





No comments:

Post a Comment