Wednesday, May 2, 2012

True Blue

I happened to check my phone one day while I was at work and I had a text from Christopher. It was a photo of the "Lunch Bunch" (a group of old men that come to the cafe every day for lunch), but there was something different.

Standing in the middle, holding a bright and shiny NCAA trophy, was Coach Cal.

I have to be honest. Basketball is frustrating to me. As soon as I think I understand the rules, a ref will make a bad call that makes me doubt everything I think I know. I hate that commentators and referrees are biased to certain teams and I hate watching a team that is fouling like crazy never get called on.

Because of that, I wouldn't call myself a True Blue "Fan-atic." However, just because I don't think that UK basketball is life, that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. Christopher and I always tease family and close friends and say we're Duke fans, just to be annoying, but when push comes to shove, we were hoping UK would take the championship as much as the next person.

Amazingly enough, I even stayed awake to watch the championship game!

So was I excited when Coach Cal came to my husband's restaurant? You bet. I went and snagged Evey from daycare and made my way over. I was also excited that I happened to have my camera that day. This was something historical that happened in Evey's first year, so I'm thrilled that she got to be a part of it and that I have proof! :)

She was so cute next to the trophy that was almost twice her size!




So... the family picture is a little blurry because the gawkers couldn't handle my camera.
Oh, well.
You take what you can get, right?



Christopher asked Coach Cal if he'd take a quick pic with us before he left, and he was more than willing... he just wouldn't hold E. He said he was worried he might drop her. LOL. I think she's lighter and more resilient than the trophy, but we'll take what we can get!




3 comments: