Saturday, March 10, 2012

Teething Detour

My mom and I were flipping through my old photo albums the other day to see what I'd look like with teeth. Evey's cutting her first one and I'm a little bit afraid of losing that sweet gummy smile. It's definitely there. I can feel the sharpness and you can see where it's beginning to break through.

Yes, I realize it's inevitible, but that doesn't mean I have to be ready when it happens.

She's been quite the trooper through the process so far, although I can tell that she's hurting. Part of me wants to hold onto that part of her that still resembles my sweet baby, and the other part is just ready to get it over with so that she doesn't have to go through the pain.

I know she'll be just as adorable, if not more, with a bright, pearly white sticking out, but I just can't picture her post-teething.

Anyway, long story short, my mom and I were looking at my baby pictures to see what I looked like and we found some that look like they could be Evey. I thought I'd share them. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance to scan Christophers as well! :)

I started waterbabies at 6 months and I LOVE the water... I wanted Evey to have that passion as well!

When Evey makes this face, we call it her "coy face." We've seen this one often!





My profile looks considerably like Evey's does...

This one is my favorite... and I think it's uncanny.

I always thought she looked more like Christopher, but looking at these, I see a lot of me in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment