Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cutting a Tooth: Day Seven

At this point I'm not sure if any of us will survive. We're lucky if Evey sleeps more than an hour at a time which makes for a very tired Mommy & Papa and an even crankier Daughter. The past few nights have been very long to say the least.

The tooth broke skin last Friday and hasn't really budged since then. It's definitely being stubborn.

For the most part, Evey has been a happy teether. During the days she's been playful and only a little fussier than normal. At nights she's been waking up a couple of times, but sleeping for the most part.

Yesterday, however, I think she got fed up with it, and I can understand why. I've heard it said that if adults had to bear the pain of teething, then it would be worse than having a baby.

At first I was terrified about the new flood of emotions that her first tooth would bring, but now I spend my nights holding and nursing my screaming girl and praying that she'd wake up with a tooth.

Now, since it hasn't made it's full appearnce, I'm hoping for tomorrow. I'm also hoping for a half-night's sleep, but if I had to choose one, I'd pass on the latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment