Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Milestones: Five Months




Evey keeps astonishing me as each month passes. Her hand-eye coordination is impecible to the point that she can hit a toy she's holding against one hanging above her to make the same noise repetitively.

As you can see by her pictures, she's at the stage where everything she touches goes straight to her mouth, except her toes. She loves playing with her feet, but doesn't chew on them yet. Her favorite toys are her crinkle-paper book, her Eric Carle lion, which I call Leo, and of course... my tervis tumbler.

She loves to read and touch the pictures on the books. Evey night we read "Time for Bed" by Mem Fox and she loves to touch the different animals.

She loves to sing, and while she still loves Secondhand Serenade (which consequently is playing in the other room as I blog) her favorite song this month is "This Little Light of Mine". She sings and giggles whenever I sing it to her. She also has fallen in love with "Blue Christmas" by the King it always make her smile when I sing "Ho. Ho. Ho. Who wouldn't go? Ho. Ho. Ho. Who wouldn't go up on the house-top? Click, click, click. Down through the chimney with good St. Nick." (That's my trick for getting so many smiles on camera!!)

I'm proud to say that she's still a mommy's girl. I'm her favorite person to the point where it's hard for me to get anything done. Even if Christopher takes her from me, she starts to scream. At daycare, I sit her down in her turtle (a soft little play area shaped like a turtle) and play with her and once she's distracted I dart out the door. I hate to see her cry, but I can't always come to her rescue so sometimes Papa's and grandparents have to deal with a screaming girl even if I'm right across the room. It breaks my heart to see her cry, but I want her to realize that she's safe with other people and that she can be soothed by people other than me.

If I'm not around, she plays hard and sleeps well! If I'm around and she's with me, then she's the happiest girl in the world!

She learned to reach this month, which makes it even harder. How can I say no to that sweet crying face with outstretched arms?!? I have to admit that, even though it may be inconvenient at times, I love knowing that I'm the one that she wants!

She can sit on her own now. She's been doing it since November, but we've been watching the time get longer and longer. She has so much core strength and can even pull to stand from sitting in our laps. She's rolled over a couple of times, ussually if she's on a slight incline, but doesn't really make that much of an effort to. She'd rather stand all the time.

At daycare, she's still one of the smallest (possibly the smallest, I'm not 100% sure) and they tease because she likes to be carted around on the hip. It definitly feels weird to have such a small baby propped on my side, but I don't mind... It's less to carry around!

She likes to look around and take everything in.










No comments:

Post a Comment