Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Full of Thanks

I'm running a bit behind on my blogging this month! December has been a little bit crazy, but this one is important, so I needed to write it down!

What an amazing year this has been for our family! Last year at this time, we found out that we were finally getting our hearts desire... Our little girl has blessed our lives more than words could ever express. Even after all this time, I still look at her and cry because she is that incredible. I can't help but stare - and she stares right back. Even though she may not understand how to say "I love you" I can tell she does. Those big smiles and bright eyes give her away. My world revolves around her and I could not be more grateful for the gift of life that God has placed in our care!

God also gave Christopher and I both new jobs this year. They are both closer to home and allow us to spend more time with our rotten little squirt. We had talked about Christopher searching for a new job over the summer, but if he couldn't find anything, our plan was for him to return to Louisville Collegiate School. I hated for him to have such long days and to be away from Evey and I so much, but you do what you have to for your family. Thankfully, Christopher, got an interview for Immanuel Baptist Church while I was in labor and, even though I couldn't have cared less at the time, I am so glad that the opportunity came available. He started work at the Solid ROC Cafe when Evey was only 8 days old and that has helped us so much, that I was able to quit my job of six years and move to a part-time position for our chiropractor's office. Now, I am able to spend more time with the girl, and Christopher doesn't have to drive 3 hours each day to get to work. We know for sure that God orchestrated the whole process and it feels good to have our family exactly where we're supposed to be.

We officially joined Vineyard Community Church, and through that, we have connected with so many new friends. We've been attending Vineyard regularly for almost 3 years, but have never felt like we needed to become a part of the Core. This year, we felt, without a doubt, that this was where we wanted to raise our children.

So, our lives have literally been turned upside-down this year, but in the best way possible. We are so thankful for all of the changes that have been made, and it has made our little family even more tight-knit.

*********************************************************

Thanksgiving is always a busy day for our family, but it's so worth it! We spent the morning at Christopher's grandmother's house with his family and of course, had a HUGE traditional Thanksgiving meal. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but Christopher's dad took some pictures that I may be able to post later. That afternoon, we went to my aunt's house for a second Thanksgiving meal. Evey did so good that day - especially with being passed around from person to person all day! What can I say, though. At four months old - you'll always be a hot commodity!

Evey with her Great-Grand-Nanny and her Nanny loved that they both had Turkey shirts on!
Evey's said "Mommy's Little Turkey".
Nanny's said "Gobble 'Till You Wobble" and I told her she needed to quit gobbling!

My big girl can't wait to move around on her own. She's so independent already!

My cousin's son, Clayton, wasn't sure about "the baby," but he wanted to hold her. It was so funny to see him with her! (Also, check out his boots...)



This is part of the mess that Hazel Lee Rachel McDowell-Hughes-Johns-Underwood created. We most definitley missed the other parts that are in the Afghanistan and Florida.


I had bought a little onesie for E to wear at Thanksgiving, but the Sunday before I found the cutest dress online and decided to order it. Talk about timing. The owner of Livvy Lou's Boutique in NY went out of her way to get the dress and hairbow in the mail on Monday, but, of course, it didn't arrive in time. No matter, though! She looked adorable on Thanksgiving, and we had a second Thanksgiving with my family that Saturday to show off her new dress. Then she wore her outfit to daycare that Monday, so it was definitely worth the effort!!


My girl is so happy!!! That smile is like gold to me!







Laughing at her Papa and me. She thinks we're so funny... I can't wait to embarass her later!!

We call this her "coy" face. This one's going kill the boys later, and I'm okay with that!

Our "second" Thanksgiving meal will become a tradition in the Davis household. My favorite breakfast meal - Eggs Benedict - which I wanted last year, but couldn't eat because the raw eggs weren't good for the little you-know-who I was carrying! My mom, dad and sister were the only ones who could make it, but the meal was great and the company was even better!

Evey and I are kissing each other. I kiss her cheeks with a long, drawn-out kissing sound and she opens her mouth as wide as she can an turns to face me. She knows what kisses are, and I love getting that kind of slobbery love!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment