Thursday, December 15, 2011

For her whole life...

I took Evey to Sears to have her portrait made  in her "Belle" dress the day before her dedication!


On November 13th, we had Evey dedicated to the Lord. It was such a special day, filled with support by family and friends and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Last November, when we found out we were pregnant, we immediately began praying over our child. We prayed for health and proper development. We prayed that I would be srong enough to carry the baby to full term. We prayed that we would be good parents, and that we would be able to give our child back to God when it was the right time. When we found out we were having a little girl, we prayed that the Lord would bless her and keep her, make His face to shine upon her and be gracious to her. We prayed that He would lift up His countenance upon her and give her peace.

On the wall of the entry way to Central Baptist's L&D, they have 1 Samuel 1:26-27 written out, and as soon as I'd heard it, I knew that this was supposed to be my prayer for my daughter throughout her life.

"I have prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted my request. Now I give her over to the Lord. For her whole life, she will be given over to the Lord."

It was at that point that I became excited about the day Christopher and I could have our daughter dedicated. I knew that Evey was just "on loan" and that she truly belonged to God. I am ever grateful that He has entrusted this precious little life to Christopher and I, knowing that she will be raised to walk in His ways.

When I found out that our church, Vineyard, was having a child dedication service, I couldn't wait to sign up. This event was so important to me, and I needed to make sure Evey was a part of it. I invited all of our closest friends and family. I felt that the people who would be an intregal part of raising Evey needed to be there to know the decision we had made for our daughter and to support us. I have never felt as loved as I did that afternoon. I kept whispering in Evey's ear that I hope she realizes one day exactly how many people love her. It was amazing to have so much support!

I dressed Evey to the nines... of course... in a cute little taffeta dress that I call her "Belle" dress because it reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. Her Great-Grandnanny had bought it for her with this day in mind. Unfortunately, it was so hot in the sanctuary, she spent most of the service with the ruffles around her shoulders and her back and tummy exposed! Needless to say, she wasn't the happiest camper, and evenutally I just stripped her down to let her cool off.

When it was Evey's turn to be dedicated, the seats emptied out with the family and friends who had come. Everyone laughed, because the church rows were so empty. The altar was completely full with the people who became testaments to what we were doing for our daughter.

Evey saying "Hi" to her Great-Grandnanny.
I've never seen such a proud Great-Grandmother!

Our children's pastor, Karen Holm-Hudson.




Thanks to all the loved ones who supported our decision to dedicate Evey! Your presence meant the world to Christopher and I! (Including Becky, Naomi and Lucy Colliver who aren't pictured and all those who weren't able to be there, but supported us from afar!) We love you all.



 


My sweet God-Daughter, Lucy!






No comments:

Post a Comment