Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Homecoming

 After several long days in the hospital, we were so ready to finally go home. We were discharged Saturday afternoon and were on our way.

Getting dressed to come home. We weren't sure how big Evey would be, so we'd packed a couple newborn and 0-3 month outfits. The newborn we had packed still swallowed her whole, but she still looked adorable!

I was an emotional mess being pushed out of the hospital in the wheelchair.
Putting her in the carseat was so hard for me.
I hated having to strap her in so tightly.
 



I cried the entire way home - especially when we passed UK Hospital. I wanted so badly to stop and see Renee, Joel and my new nephew, Harrison!

We made it home, safe and sound.

Being introduced to her room.


After all the excitement, she needed a diaper change.


Our first night home was the longest we'd had so far. Evey got her first tummyache and we learned - the hard way - what her cues for needing to be burped were. Around 2am, I called my mom in tears because she'd been crying for so long and we couldn't console her. Christopher and I felt like failures, but my mom and dad came to the rescue. We were able to get some sleep and mom was able to help comfort Evey. After a three hour meltdown, the Davis family was finally relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment