Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sooner or Later

We had a fantastic appointment this week.

I mentioned previously that our doctor was ordering an ultrasound because Evey was measuring a little small and I haven't been gaining weight like I should be.

So I've been going crazy over the past couple of weeks. I've allowed myself to indulge in a little bit more of the "unhealthy" foods as opposed to sticking to the same stuff I've been eating since I found out our little one - which no one in their right mind would actually consider a "healthy" diet.

It was so amazing to see our little girl again and both my mom and Christopher's mom were able to join us. She definitely has stage fright. She kept her hand in front of her face the entire time, but we were able to tell that she has Christopher's nose!. During the utlrasound, the tech zoomed through measuring her head and all her extremities. She double-checked to make sure Evey wasn't an Everett (we're golden, by the way!) and finally she asked if we had any guesses on her weight. We were thinking logically, assuming she was on the small side and we were way, way off!

Let me preface this next part by saying that everything that could have gone wrong during our prengnacy, God has shut down completely! Evey measured at 6lbs 10oz which put her in the 75th percentile for our due date. She is definitely not too small!


When we went to see our doctor, she was definitely pleased with the ultrasound results. Evey's heartbeat was nice and strong - as usual - and we had our first "official" check to see where I was in the pregnancy. I was dilated to 2cm and 70% effaced. Evey was still at the -2 station, but she was still in the birthing position, so that was good to hear. We seemed to be right on track for a normal delivery.

We basically found out that she will be here - either sooner or later, and the sooner the better, in my opinion!   

No comments:

Post a Comment